The user experience on DaaS when using meeting software such as Zoom or MS Teams is poor.
Solution – Zoom
This solution is specific to Zoom.
Zoom offers a specific application for VDI. This application has specific optimizations in place and is designed to work with a plug-in that is installed the remote endpoint. Leveraging the Zoom VDI solution should improve the overall Zoom experience in DaaS.
- From the DaaS desktop, download and install the latest Zoom VDI software.
- On the local client endpoint, download the Zoom VDI plug-in.
Solution – MS Teams
Enable Real-Time Audio Video (RTAV)
VMware Horizon supports Real-Time Audio Video. The following settings can help if you leverage a meeting application other than Zoom such as MS Teams. You can adjust the settings through the Horizon Group Policy templates and find the optimal settings for your users.
NOTE: It is recommended by VMware to have 4 vCPU on your DaaS desktop if you use RTAV and MS Teams.
Compute Configuration > Policies > Administrative Templates > VMware View Agent Configuration > View RTAV Configuration > View RTAV Webcam Settings
- Max frames per second
- Default image resolution height in pixels
- Default image resolution width in pixels
- Max image height in pixels
- Max image width in pixels
- Ensure your users have enough bandwidth at the remote endpoint.
- A reliable and stable connection to DaaS is critical to the user experience. This is even more important when using meeting applications from DaaS.
- Ensure you have enough overall bandwidth on the DaaS side.
- If possible, do not run video in full screen mode
- If possible, reduce the number of open applications and browser tabs during the meeting.